Distance learning has been going on for a year and a half, and it’s not going to stop shortly. So having several laptops or desktops at home is a great way out for remote work or study. However, if you don’t have enough devices for distance learning, look into your gaming console. With some manipulation, it can perfectly replace your PC. In this article, we will tell you how to use your game console during online learning.
How do I use my Xbox console?
More often than not, it is the Xbox consoles that are used to log in to the online learning platform because they are perfectly compatible with Microsoft software. In addition, there is a huge selection of keyboards and computer mice for these consoles of your choice with which you can stop needing to have a laptop.
Follow the instructions below to connect your Xbox to your learning platforms:
- If you own an Xbox One or Series X console all you need to do is press a button on your controller and open the menu to select the “My Games and Apps” tab
- On this tab, click on the “Microsoft Edge” option to navigate and interact with any website and online learning platforms
- To go to the site you want, just type its name in the search box as you would on a normal computer
Be warned, however, that Xbox 360 users will not be able to perform the same functions, since that console only supports the outdated Internet Explorer browser.
How do I use PS4 and PS5 to log in to the learning platform?
First, let’s figure out how to perform the same steps on PS4. Follow the steps below, but make sure you have a clear internet connection before doing so:
- Open the PS4 home screen and at the very bottom find the “Library” tab
- Click on “Applications” in the Library tab
- All the apps you need to look for is the “www” sign
- Then you can open the PS4 browser and all you have to do is just enter the name of the desired site
To enter the browser on the PS5 you need to try a little more. Do the following:
- Check your network connection and ask a family member or friend to send you a text message with a link to the search engine
- Click on this hyperlink and you can go to any search engine, depending on what you were sent, usually Google
- Search and go to any links and platforms through this search engine, but keep in mind that you can’t enter the name in the address bar
There are other ways to do this, for example, go to the settings of the console and go to the tab “User Guide”. When you go there you can notice that a lot of the tutorial has links to YouTube videos and if you click on them you can go straight to YouTube.
And if you share these videos through the Reddit platform, you’ll have a promotion through Google login, through which you’ll be able to go to the Google homepage.
The minus is that the PS5 model does not have its web browser, so some of the features present on the site may not display correctly.